New Training in 2019
Health Issues Centre has a range of training available to consumers and health and community staff throughout the year. Whether you're interested in our half-day workshops, our nationally accredited training courses or a tailored skills-based program, we are able to meet your needs.
The training programs that we offer have been designed to benefit the individual, and encourage participants to use their unique knowledge and experience to learn from one another and contribute to a better, equitable health care system that meets and responds to everyone's needs.
Our training programs are delivered by qualified staff with over fifteen years teaching experience.
Our new skills training are:
- Consumer training aiding services meet accreditation
- Corporate Governance for Consumers
- Training for peer support convenors/facilitators
For more information, go to New Skills Training in 2019: For Consumers
- The ‘how to’ of consumer engagement and co-production
- Engaging effectively with consumers in governance
- The second edition of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards and the role of consumers in their implementation.
For more information, go to New Skills Training in 2019: For Staff
Interested in learning about a topic you can't see here?
We always offer on-site workshop packages for groups of ten or more participants at your preferred location. The courses have been specifically designed for consumers and services staff and can be held at any time. We are also happy to discuss your specific training needs and preferences to design a course relevant to your organisation. A list of topics that we usually cover can be found here for consumers and here for health services staff.
Please contact Dr Tere Dawson on (03) 8676 9050 or via email with any queries.
Subscribe to Full Circle
Our monthly newsletter