Diversity is Diverse - Summary
Health Issues Centre is excited to report that our recent Diversity is Diverse Forum was a great success! We had over thirty health service professionals come together at the City of Melbourne Bowls Club for an informative and entertaining day.
The forum begun with stand-up comedian Kirsty Webeck sharing her hilariously honest observations on the notions of diversity both within healthcare and outside of it. The session also featured short presentations from organisations addressing issues of inclusion and engagement in their work.
Health Issues Centre would like to thank the following individuals for their presentations:
- Catuscia Biuso (Chain of Survival Project Manager from The Heart Foundation)
- Natalie Harris (Settlement Health Co-ordinator From Dianella Health/AMES)
- Marg Moore (Assessment Officer, Access and Ageing from the City of Port Phillip)
- Mary-Ann Robinson (Manager, Strategy, Policy and Research from Women with Disabilities Victoria)
- Wasif Hafeez (Volunteer from the AFL International Cup Committee)
Participants also had the opportunity to have a small, focused group conversation about a project of interest convened by a hosting service.
We would also like to thank the hosting services:
- Assunta Morron (Western Health)
- Sherrilyn Ballard (Northern Health)
- Peter Locke (The Equinox Clinic)
The day concluded with participants working in small groups to discuss implementing ideas from the day, and what additional resources would be needed to do it successfully.
Subscribe to Full Circle
Our monthly newsletter