SCV Infection Clinical Network INSIGHT subcommittee
Safer Care Victoria is seeking two consumers for their Infection Clinical Network (ICN) INSIGHT subcommittee
The ICN works with clinicians to improve the quality and safety of care provision in Victorian healthcare services. The INSIGHT subcommittee identifies and interprets clinical data from the healthcare setting to identify areas for improvement and inform the work of the clinical network. The subcommittee looks at the patient care journey across the health services continuum from general practitioner, acute care services, aged care and rehabilitation services.
Role of the Consumer
Consumers will provide “lived experience” of the healthcare service from a consumer or family/carer perspective. They will provide feedback on intended strategies to improve clinician and consumer engagement, eg co-designing infection indicators used to monitor patient care outcomes and identifying strategies to reduce variation in practice and improve the patient experience.
The subcommittee is seeking consumers who:
- Have experience of being cared for by a healthcare service having presented with or developed an infection as a complication of your or a loved one’s care
- Are interested in improving patient outcomes in Victoria
- Are willing and able to work with the clinical network to provide an important consumer voice
The four areas of interest that the committee is currently focused on are: bloodstream infections, pneumonia, multi-drug resistant organisms and vaccine preventable infections.
Members will be appointed for a three-year term.
Meetings take place on average bimonthly for two hours in duration. Consumer members may also be invited to attend training sessions to support their development in the role.
ICN INSIGHT subcommittee scheduled meetings for the remainder of the year are:
Friday, 11 October 10:00am - 12:00pm
Friday, 1 November 10:00am – 12:00pm
Location: SCV Offices, 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne. Teleconferencing available.
Payment of $112.50 per meeting (each meeting expected to last for 2 hours) will be made through bank transfer. Consumers are also eligible to claim reimbursement for travel costs, with evidence, to and from the meetings.
Members will be appointed via an expression of interest process. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee from Safer Care Victoria, according to the selection criteria below:
- Relevant experience of the healthcare system as a patient or carer
- Available to participate in the activities of the clinical network, including face to face meetings and electronic communication
- Relevant knowledge and skills to contribute to monitoring performance and interpreting data (desirable)
- Relevant experience as a consumer representative (desirable)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘EOI – Insight group’ in the subject line.
Include in your email a written expression of interest addressing:
- the selection criteria above
- why you are interested in being involved
- any relevant experience or skills you will bring to the role
You can also contact Louise Hobbs on 9096 3085 for more details.
For further information on the terms of reference, click on the link below:
Friday, 13th September 2019
Subscribe to Full Circle
Our monthly newsletter