Health Issues Centre is looking for an Administrative Officer to support the team in achieving our objectives.
Health Issues Centre works with consumers, health professionals and government to ensure that the health system better meets the needs of ordinary consumers. We provide skills based training to ensure consumers are well equipped to participate at a systems level.
Respectful, transparent, communicative, collaborative, accountable are not aspirational values, just business as usual for us. So, what distinguishes the HIC team? These are our values:
Fearless Flying – we stretch ourselves to accomplish our personal best
I’ve Got Your Back – we support each other to achieve our goals
No Surprises – we engage each other early and raise concerns when they occur
“BOOM” – we challenge the status quo to affect outcomes
Our Administrative Officer will support the team to ensure smooth sailing where possible. From the first point of contact for our external stakeholders, to ensuring a great working environment for our team. Tasks to support this include reception services, providing support for meetings and training, office administration, record keeping, database management, just to name a few.
Of course, we’re interested in your expertise, but we’re more interested in your self-critical awareness, empathy, enthusiasm and ability to make us slap our foreheads and shout “Now why didn’t I think of that?”.
If you think this role sounds right for you, and you are ready to make your mark by binding together a great team that work towards the same goal, then read the attached position description, and send your CV and a cover letter starting with “My super-power is…” and ending with “Boom.” Candidates will be considered on receipt of application, so don’t delay!
Send to email@example.com; attention Kate Mohay.
The AO will be responsible for the provision of reception and operational administrative support.
- Provide professional switchboard and reception services during office hours
- Maintain HIC's files and databases
- Provide operational services to ensure efficiency and collaboration, and compliance to company policies
- Provide support for workshops, meetings and conferences
- Assist in maintaining HIC policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively and in a mutually respectful way
- Familiarity with office management procedures
- Demonstrated use of IT & digital skills; Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively
- Self-motivated and disciplined work ethic, good organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
Salary packaging benefits available when you join this amazing not-for-profit organisation.
Here is a list of projects that we are currently working on with consumers and health organisations.Find out more
Subscribe to Full Circle
Our monthly newsletter